Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain and Elephants

Today it is raining. A lot. And it doesn't seem to be showing any sign of waning. The only variances between these large quantities of water being dumped from the sky are the angles at which they fall. Sometimes it vertical, then for a few minutes it tilts slightly to 30°. This meteorological experience does beg the question of why I swapped one type of shit weather for a different version of the same? Oh, now its horizontal. Just looked out to see what all the noise was and saw the Ivorian national football team's bus drive past. Could even see into the bus from this height and caught sight of some of the players. Flashback to living on the same street as the Emirates stadium for a year and seeing the Arsenal team drive by, though they were snooty and had blacked out windows. I pretended to myself that I had seen Henry on several occasions. Think Drogba is probably the only player I'd recognise to be honest, and that's only because of his oddly straightened hair. And the fact that he plays for Chelsea. Not that I'm a Chelsea fan or fan of any of the Premiership teams, for that matter, not being English and all, but do have slightly more extensive knowledge of the players as compared to local African teams. Just realised the national stadium is about 10metres away from here (at the end of the road) and I can actually see it from here! Though don't think I'll be going to a match in a hurry, as a number of people were actually killed in a stampede there a few weeks ago. Will stick to the telly. Also, my desk lamp looks like a tyrannosaurus rex.

1 comment:

Izzie said...

I love elephant! could you find me a little elephant figurine to add to my collection??