Wednesday, October 05, 2005

New Haircut, new Blog

Look at Dok eating her vegan-veggie pizza in Neal's Yard, Covent Garden! And how weird is this engraving we spotted beside a bank on Kensington High Street??!! Dad, etimological-historical explanation please!!

Well well, this feels rather odd, writing in my new blog space! I think its going to be better though cause i can just add pics to each post. So ive actually just spent the last hour and a half in LSE libro doing this.. my, what a dedicated student i am! Ive actually just noticed that its dark outside, that im dying to pee, and that my dinner is 8 tube stops away. I tell you, its craziness around here.. All my class mates are makin me feel like a slacker and it seriously feels like exam time in UCD or something. ITS THE 3RD DAY OF TERM...!! Hello??!! Well i do have a presentation first thing monday, but then again i have lectures only on Monday and Tuesdays ( i kid you not!) so i should find enough time to get some work done. Got my hair cut this morning in this little trendy place in Soho. The place was tiny and the ridiculously camp hairdressers where just chatting away as if they were in their sitting room. Its a funny place Soho. You have lots of gay sex shops and peeps show places with big posters of various lubricants, and then next door you have a dainty little italian deli with lots of different regional products and fresh prosciotto. Strange.. Anyway, im happy enough with my hair and i had a nice time wandering around the red light district before heading into college. Last night i went out with John to this cute and yummy Thai resto (as good as My Thai actually!) and bought him dinner to say thanks for lending me his flat when i first arrived. Then we went to Starbucks for coffee, which is becoming a rather bad habit of mine and induces the same kind of guilt as when i slip and drink Coke, eat Clusters (luvly crunchy Nestle cereals), or buy Nike trainers.. Anyway, ill post some new pics tomorow now that i can!
Miaow xxx
PS... 'Bon Courage' for Ramadan, Ro xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's prosciutto.

Anonymous said...

Don't know where my first comment went in the blogosphere.

It's etymological.

And the inscription, half of which is helpfully illegible, says "This stone was taken.....Donegal".