Thursday, September 29, 2005

First day of School














(From Left to Right)
Remy, my new flatmate, and Nicholas (Sheffield, of the 2year primary rivalry)
Anna Bates, Annie, Theo and Margaret.
Hey guys,
Cant stay long cause i have to go to a reception for the Nationalism and Comparative Pol people. Why do they keep throwing us in with them? So today was cool and i finally remembered why the hell i uprooted and moved to this strange and foreign country. I had a general induction/meeting this morning with everyone in the Government Department, which id say is about 100-200 people. Then we had our first meeting with our actual Nationalism class, which is made up of 29 students. (the most ever for that class aparently) We had to do the whole stand up, "hi my name's Stephanie and im an alcoholic.." thing which was kinda embarrassing. By Jove, i think there are about (seriously) 5 people who arent American/Canadian! But theyre all nice so far and we all went out last Tuesday for Remy's birthday, which was cool. (Not at all cool yesterday though as i suffered my first London hangover which was a complete Bitch and left me incapacitated for the whole day!!!) Anyway, of the non-yanks theres an Iraqi-Kurdish Welsh person (!) but he had a briefcase so i dont think i trust him... There are two french girls who look a bit cliquey cause they know each other already. Theres also an 'African American' guy who had those pointy Nigerian pimp shoes that we laught about, and he also had some very bling bling diamond earings i was a bit jealous about. So theyre the ones who stood out. I saw a girl from UCD this morning who used to be in my class before i went to France (she's some posh judge's daughter who used to annoy me.) so im gonna have to spend the year avoiding her! Other than that i joined a load of societies, that no doubt i will never participate in (as is generally the case with Fresher's week..) I joined the Comparative Ideologies Soc., the Friends for Palestine Soc (got a cool badge and loads of stickers!), the Irish society (..yes..i know..i was feeling lonely!) and i think thats it really. Ok, gotta go meet my Nationalism Posse. Looking forward to having Dok over tomorow. Yan and Vero are coming over for dinner so i better tidy the flat a bit. Hope everyone is well. I miss everyone lots! xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but he had a briefcase so i dont think i trust him.." oh steph, absolutely classic!!!!!!! And dont even get me startd on ur comment on the Nigerian pointy pimp shoes...im still laughing!!!xxx

Anonymous said...

Yo Tytees,
first day of ramadan today. its a bit harder this year coz sunset is at 7. ah well I guess I'll survive. cant believe that u have a canadian friend. thats against our beliefs. anyhoo no news so far so Im gona split. take care

Love,
Amro

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOD!!! FUCKING HELL THATS NICHOLAS! OH MY GOD I TO WOULD NOT HAVE RECOGNISED HIM OH MY GOD THAT IS MAD I CANT GET OVER IT OH MY GODDDDDDDDD!