Wednesday, September 14, 2005

LSE ... Easy as ABC! (Ich don't think so..!)


Well here I am sitting in (allegedly) one of the biggest/best libraries in Europe! I came into LSE for a wander and to open a bank account but of couse im missing some documentation so ill have to come back in on Friday. I feel like a complete imposter here. Its funny to think that I was like this 4 years ago UCD was completely new and I didn’t know how anything worked. Feel like a fresher all over again! Its annoying cause Library etiquette is different in all universities so im sorta tiptoeing around hoping im not breaking some un-spoken rule.. Its gonna take me a good while to figure out how to use this place, because of the volume of books available and the size of the catalogue. Im sure people will spot me as a rookie from miles away, by the way ill be wandering around with my head up trying to read the signposts! Ah well, it took me about 4 years in UCD to figure out where the periodicals and journals where (I kid you not!) so there ya go… Apart from that, went out to Covent Garden last night and met Carina, who mum tried to fix me up with. It turned out she was very nice and chatty so we had a nice evening (drinks and noodles in wagamama) and then I went home in time for Spooks. Oh yeah, I walked past Ronnie from Eastenders in C. Garden. Remember the one who looked like a Pakistani version of Ross from Friends. He gave me a funny look so I don’t think he’s handling his (non) fame too well. Other than that, im moving in tomorrow so I cant wait. Meeting the landlady (who looks and sounds like Nadia from Big Brother.. she’s from Cyprus) at 4 to get the keys etc. Then I can move my stuff and gradually start feathering my nest! Then ill have another week before registration, so I might actually settle down and read my ‘Theories of Nationalism’ book that ive vaguely flicked through on the tube. So that’s me goss really… Really looking forward to my first visits from Delph, then Mum, then Amro, and hopefully Eibh somewhere in between. Gotta go! Not sure if im allowed to be emailing in the library and don’t want to be thrown out on my first visit! Toodles xxx

No comments: