Saturday, September 17, 2005

Who was St. Andrew anyway?!





Well I had my first night in my new plush west ken flat! I feel at home already now that ive settled all my bits and bobs in their new home. It was cool that Yan was able to drive my stuff from the East end to the new apartment because for some reason my possessions seem to have doubled in volume. So hopefully the pictures should be posted up. You can see my room etc and I took a few snaps of the road and the church that’s right next to us(!) Hope the bells wont be peeling too early on a Sunday morning.. Well, if the ‘Moslems’ couldn’t get me to convert, I doubt the Prodys will! On the road behind the flat theres a school and all the kids are like something from an Enid Blyton book, theyre so posh and blonde. They all seem to have those Shep the dog puppies.. Very strange! Other than that I had a nice nights sleep (eventually) in my new bed that is wikidly comfortable. Im so infatuated with my Muji sheets (..yes.. I know.. is it wrong?!) because theyre made of like Scrooge flannel pyjamas material and theyre THE softest most comfy things ive ever felf! (Except Jerry’s belly when he had that operation and had his belly shaved and it was sooooo soft! ANWYAY… I digress!) Well Cepta always said it was important to invest in good quality 100 % sheets, so that was my justification as I handed over my credit card. Did u see my coolio Arabic alphabet poster? I got it in this (slightly frightening) religious shop on Brick Lane for 2 quid and I think it looks deadly. Shame it brings back memories of the C I got in my Arabic test last year.. Ah well.. Not sure what my plans are for the weekend. Hopefully Anna will be coming over for dinner tonight. Check it out, I found a Nicholas off Kensington High Street so I got one of those cute ‘les petites recoltes de Nicholas’ bottles of wine. Then tomorrow I think im meeting Charlie for a coffeee at some stage, which should be nice. Last Sunday I spent the day at Yan and Vero’s and it felt nice to just hang around and watch tv. Its nice to be with your family on Sundays, I always feel. So I think ill probably go around to theirs this Sunday. Im so much closer from here and I can get a bus direct to theirs from just around the corner. Okidoke, I think I better get out and do stuff.. I went out this morning (I use the term loosely) to get some basic stuff in the Tescos Express that’s just 5 minutes away so that’s handy. Its kinda one of those ones that’s aimed at ‘young and trendy singletone working professional types’ so it has lots of ready made meals and organic posh muesli and stuff, so I think ill do my big shopping in one of the larger ones on the ‘high street’ Well anyway, off I go to LSE, methinks, to finally open a bank account now that I have a bill in my name. I LOVE MY FLAT AND I LOVE MY NICE GENEROUS PARENTS THAT ARE ALLOWING ME TO HAVE AN AMAZING YEAR IN AN AMAZING FLAT AND GIVING ME THE OPORTUNITY TO STUDY IN AN AMAZING UNIVERSITY!!!!! THANK YOU MUM AND DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the By, my new address is :
Flat 2, St. Andrew’s Mansions
St. Andrew’s Road
London W14 9SU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the twelve apostles. If you know who they were. Crucified diagonally. Patron saint of Scotland. Hence the diagonal white stripes against blue background on the Union flag. Allegedly.

Coolio apartment. Suspiciously tidy in the photos. Presumably they were taken before you moved your stuff in, which would explain why only the shelves are full.

Also suspicious how the most convenient place for the TV happens to be where you can watch it without getting out of bed.